- Describe the flag of the UK. Do you know its nickname?
- In the Royal coat of Arms the unicorn stands for…
- What is Hadrian’s Wall?
- Who is the only British monarch who has reigned longer
than Queen Elizabeth?
- When was the British constitution signed?
- When did England and Scotland formally unite?
- What does the statue of the Golden Boy
of Pye Corner commemorate?
- What village in Somerset is famous for its cheese?
- How many times has London hosted the Olympics?
- What do British people measuretheir own weights in?
- Who was the Prime Minister when
Queen Elizabeth acceded to the throne?
- What is the Gherkin?
- What London play is the longest running production in history?
- What is a swan upper?
- What is the busiest Underground Station in London?
- If you want to drink a pint of strong dark beer, ask for a pint of …
- ’Bobbies’,’fuzz’,’pigs’ are all nicknames for…
- What is the name of the famous London-based soap opera?
- Which England football club has won
the Premier League the most times?
- Which queen was the ’Virgin Queen’?
- What day a week would you typically have roast beef and
Yorkshire pudding with your meal?
- What members of the Royal Family have competed at the Olympics?
- What does a chancellor sit on in the House of Lords?
- Who is the current heir to the British throne?
- Who began the custom of ’shaking hands’
hundreds of years ago? What does it mean?